Paul Mondok: LAZY BOY

November 14, 2015 to January 31, 2016
PAN/// 98B COLLABoratory
Ground Floor, Panpisco Building,
246 Escolta St. Manila, Philippines











"I noticed that while I was working on the installation I’ve become conscious of the space as something you can only see from outside the window. You can’t walk in and around it and look at it in different ways. There is a distance. And although I see the pieces as separate if I put myself in someone else’s shoes and look at it from outside I’m going to see one picture.


I try to relate the things around me with how the space I’m using for the exhibition. I like to get a sense of history and mood and some other things and try to place pieces of those into what I think I need to do. I use something that belongs somewhere to try to tell a story or show something I might have imagined. Maybe. I hope my work becomes a good waste of time to someone who stops and have a look."